VOLUNTEER AS A MISSION BUILDER
(no prior YWAM experience or schools required)
Short-term volunteers with long-term impact
If you have a heart for missions — especially Youth With A Mission — and would like to serve the Lord in missions while enjoying this beautiful country please come and join our short-term volunteer program called Mission Builders. It is a great way to see if you want to get more involved with YWAM. It gives you the opportunity to talk with staff and students about life as a missionary, as well as be involved in the local outreaches such as feeding the homeless, discipleship classes at the Drug Rehab center, Bible distribution, Bible studies, Kid’s Club and more. Whatever is happening at YWAM Heredia in Costa Rica, you can be a part of it.
Mission Builders have played a major role in making YWAM what it is today. They serve in many ways, assisting with everything from carpentry and maintenance to food services, grounds keeping, gardening, taking care of the animals, office work and more. Many of these wonderful volunteers come year after year because they’ve found it’s a challenging and spiritually refreshing experience — and a great way to make new friends from around the world.
If you’re between the ages of 18 and 80, in good health, and able to volunteer 14 days to three months of your time, come to YWAM Heredia, become a Mission Builder and experience what God is doing in and through YWAM Heredia. It could easily be your first step into missions.
Volunteers work 30 – 40 hours a week depending on what is needed. Room and board per month is $250.00 USD. This can be paid weekly ($62.50)
Before you begin filling out the downloadable staff application, please read the important note below!
Downloaded applications can be filled out on your computer and emailed to us. You can also print it, fill out, scan and email to us:
- Email address: email@example.com (please put in subject line: the word “Mission Builder” and your last name)
In total, there are 5 documents listed below that must be completed for you to be considered for Mission Builder at YWAM Heredia. The Manual and What to Bring are post-acceptance reading.
- Mission Builder Application (includes contact information on you plus information on family, children, Passport/Visa, Background & Job Information, passport/visa, work experience, educational experience, personal questions, etc).
- Mission Builder Medical Release & Consent Form
- Mission Builder Confidential Reference Form
- Mission Builder Statement of Burial and Mediation
- Adult Confidential Health Form
- (If you have children accompanying you: Confidential Child’s Health Form (please contact the base for details with children.)
- Mission Builder Manual
- What To Bring
Please fill out the first page of the reference form with your personal contact information and email to the one filling out your reference forms. They will email it back to YWAM Heredia.
Once we receive your application we will contact you. Thank you for applying for Mission Builder with YWAM Heredia, Costa Rica.