The Environmental and Resource Stewardship School (EARS) starts each January.
LECTURE PHASE: January 16 – April 8, 2017
OUTREACH PHASE: April 10 – July 1th, 2017
This school is designed to provide students with knowledge and hands on experience in the following areas:
- Water collection, purification and storage
- Food production with creative techniques for difficult environments
- Solar energy via thermal capture and photovoltaic cells
- Animal care and development
- Recycling and creative use of waste
- Scriptural basis for being a good steward of our land, water, air and bodies
The YWAM Heredia base is located on 7 beautiful acres allowing plenty of room for the hands on learning of the above techniques. The base supplements its food requirements from its population of chickens and goats. An extensive garden area, aquaponics greenhouse, and a 90×30 foot greenhouse allow for year round production of organic produce. Previous schools have built bio-digesters, solar cookers, solar water heaters, solar based voltage sources, 1500 gallon underground water cisterns, hot boxes (slow cookers) and various types of water purifier/filters.
Graduates of the EARS school have been able to minister effectively to the physical needs of people in various parts of the world and by so doing have been able to share the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Some countries, which are closed to Christian missionaries, have opened when they learned that the YWAM graduates of the class could help their people have clean water and increased food production with less work. The lack of clean water is one of the leading causes of death in the world and this class will show multiple ways to provide clean water from dirty and contaminated water.
In the past, the EARS school outreaches have worked alongside refugees in Taiwan, environmental / medical work with Massai in Loita Hills, Kenya, also in Mbita, Kenya and Ometepe, Nicaragua and relief work in Haiti after the earthquake among others.
The techniques learned in EARS have been used and demonstrated wherever the teams have gone, and have shown to be valuable in expressing God’s love to many needy people. Our outreach locations are East Africa, Middle East and the Amazonia however we may go to other locations as the Lord leads.
Our EARS school is University of the Nations (U of N) registered.
For more information contact us JUCUMHeredia@gmail.com at +(506) 22-67-7063. Be sure to determine the correct numeric prefix when calling from your country. From the USA add 011 before the number.
Before you begin filling out the downloadable school application, please read the important note below!
Downloaded applications can be filled out on your computer and emailed to us. You can also print it, fill out, scan and email to us.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (please put in subject line the name of the school and your last name)
In total, there are 7 documents listed below that must be completed for you to be considered for a school at YWAM Heredia.
- School Application (includes contact information on you plus information on family, children, passport/visa, criminal record, church, work experience, educational experience, those who you will be sending reference forms etc).
- Personal Information Form
- Skills and Abilities Form
- Medical Release & Consent Form
- Confidential Reference Form
- Statement of Burial and Mediation
- Adult Confidential Health Form
- (If you have children accompanying you: Confidential Child’s Health Form (please contact the base for details with children)
Please fill out the top portion of the first page of the reference forms with your personal contact information and email to the one filling out your reference forms. They will email it back to YWAM Heredia.
Please find the cost of the EARS at ywamheredia.com/fees/. Students with special dietary needs could have additional costs.
If you need any aid on how to raise funds please read the following article: http://ywamheredia.com/faith-and-finances/