There are many opinions about Jesus Christ, but many of these opinions are not based upon the writings of those who actually knew Him. The writings of those who knew Jesus are recorded in the New Testament part of the Bible and it is from these writings that come the following description of Jesus and His teachings.
Who Is Jesus?
Jesus is described in the Bible as a friend of sinners as He said that it is those that are sick (and know it) who need help so he spent a lot of time with those that were considered sinners. Jesus was highly disliked by the religious leaders of the time because He told people that the Kingdom of Heaven was at hand and that He came to serve and love people and not condemn them, although he did rebuke the religious leaders quite often. He also said that He was the Creator of the universe that had become human as predicted in the earlier part of the Bible and that He needed to die as a substitute punishment for the sins of all mankind. Sin is best described as not being perfect as God is perfect. Even the smallest amount of sin cannot be with God so there needed to be a way for our sin to be dealt with so that we could become part of Gods family as His children.
Violations of Sin
Since sin is a violation of Gods ways, there needs to be a legal punishment for sin to eliminate the effect of sin, which is spiritual death. God chose to do this by Himself becoming the man, Jesus, through a normal birth process with one key difference, the birthing mother (Mary) would be a virgin as God Himself, by His Spirit, actually implanted His Son as an embryo within Mary's womb. The eventual sacrificial death of Jesus would pay the penalty for sin and anyone who would "partner" with Jesus would get to have the death of Jesus cover their sins and imperfections. Once your sins are covered by the death of Jesus you can have complete relationship with God and spend eternity with Him. Needless to say this kind of teaching made many of the religious leaders of the time very angry. However the common people and the sinners felt comfortable with Jesus as He taught them of the Kingdom of God and how one could partake of it, not by doing good, as other religions teach, but by surrendering control of your life to Him and following His teachings.
Jesus proved His message by physically healing and casting demons out of all who came to him for help. The religious leaders eventually had Jesus killed but three days and three nights later He rose from the dead (as predicted in the earlier part of the Bible) and appeared to many. By coming back from the dead Jesus proved to everyone that He was God and that His teachings were true. Many would follow Jesus and take His Good News of the Kingdom of God to the ends of the earth.
Children of God
Many believe that all humans are children of God. However Jesus said that you must be born a second time in order to see the Kingdom of God and to become a child of God. He also said that if you seek to save your own life you will lose it but if you surrender your life to Him, you will save your own life. Without being a child of God one cannot live forever with God but will instead be eternally isolated from God and His Kingdom of perfection with all the others who want nothing to do with God in a place of complete imperfection.
Surrender to Him
Are you willing to surrender control of your own life to Jesus so that you can be adopted into Gods family as a child of God, brother of Jesus, and a fellow heir to the Kingdom of God? If so, please pray the following prayer from your deepest heart…
"Father in heaven, I give you complete control of my life so that I can be adopted into your family and spend eternity with You. I turn away from the wrong things I have done in my life and from this time forward I want Your way of life and not the ways of the world or my past. Please forgive me for all the wrong things I have done. Jesus come into my heart and fill me with all of You and help me to live the life that you would have me live. I put complete control of my life in your hands."
If you sincerely pray the above prayer then you have been adopted into Gods family. You may actually feel or perceive the effect of this transition or perhaps not. Regardless, what matters is what you do from this point going forward.
Get a Bible and start reading at about 2/3 into the book at a point called the Book of Matthew and read to the end of Bible.
Seek a church that teaches:
- You must be born again.
- Only by surrendering to Jesus can you be born again (into God's family).
- Teaches from the Bible
Find others who have had the same experience as you and get to know them.
The following books are highly recommended to help you grow as a child of God.
- The Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
- The Release of the Spirit by Watchman Nee
- Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
- Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
- More than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell
- When Pigs Move In: How to sweep Clean the Demonic Influencing your Life and the Lives of Others by Don Dickerman and Frank Hammond
The following verses from the Bible support the teaching above.
- And it happened as Jesus reclined in the house, behold many tax collectors and sinners came and were reclining with Him and His disciples. And when the Pharasees saw they said to His disciples why does your master eat with tax collectors and sinners? But when Jesus heard He said to them the ones who are whole ddo not need a physician but the ones who are sick. But go and learn what this is, I will have mercy and not sacrifice. For I have not come to coall the righteous but sinners to repentance. Matt 9: 10-13
- For all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God Romans 3:23
- For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life. Romans 6:23
- Here is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son (Jesus) to be the legal payment (propitiation) for our sins. 1 John 4:10
- Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12
- But as many as received Him, to him He gave authority to become a child of God, to the ones believing into His name who were born not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man (blood, flesh and will refer to our physical birth), but were born of God (second birth) John 1: 12,13
- Jesus answered and said to him, Truly Truly I say to you, if one is not born again (born a second time) he is not able to see the kingdom of God. John 3:3
- Truly truly I say to you, if one is not born of water (physical birth) and the Spirit (second birth) he is not able to enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh (physical birth) and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit (second birth) John 3:5,6
- Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by Me. John 14:6
- For whoever desires to save his life shall lose it and whoever desires to lose his life (five control to Jesus) for My (Jesus) sake shall find it. Matt 16:25
- Call the righteous but sinners to repentance. Matt 9: 10-13
- But that he loved us and sent His Son (Jesus) to be the legal payment (propitiation) for our sins. 1 John 4:10
- For whoever desires to save his life shall lose it and whoever desires to lose his life (give control to Jesus) for My (Jesus) sake shall find it. Matt 16:25
The contents on this page may be copied and used for the purpose of sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.